Monday 19 March 2012

Blood Angels Renaissance



I’ve been playing Dark Eldar for nine months now. They’ve been to four tournaments and enjoyed some pretty decent success. Nine months is a long time though and I think I need a change.

Enter Blood Angels!





The sons of sanguinius are by far my favourite marine chapter. They were also the army I used to ease myself back into 40k after 5 years off. The current 5th edition codex is also very flexible in terms of army style/composition. The builds below are all legal, though some are more competitive than others.

Razorspam: Mass Razorbacks + Preds, Land Speeders, Vindis etc.
Dual/Tri Stormraven: 2-3 Storm Ravens + Extras
Descent of Angels: Full deep strike list
Pred Spam: 3 Predators, 3 Baal Predators
Dread Spam: Mass Dreads (BA’s have dreads across three force org slots)
Crimson Tide: Jumpers backed up by Devs + extras. All infantry
Death Company: Astorath + Death Company + DC dreads
Hybrid: ½ Razorspam, ½ Jumpers

There are more lists than this but I think it goes to show how versatile the codex can be.

In the next few weeks I’ll be covering the four different styles of Blood Angels I play and throwing some sample lists into the mix too. The lists I’ll be covering will be:

Razorspam
Decent of Angels
Crimson Tide
Dual Raven

As each article goes up I’ll link to it here.

Thanks for reading

Sir#67

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to this. I played BA before I started playing Tau for a change of pace. I've played DofA, Jumpers and Devs, mech razor spam, and Double and Triple Stormravens. Been toying with the idea of bringing them back, again for a change of pace (beginning to forget how to do assaults!).

    Eager anticipation....!

    EYIG

    ReplyDelete